by Abbott Christopher Jamison
Nikki Gumbell recommended this book for Christmas and it is a profound read. It is written by a really Godly man who has managed to distil into a small book years of experience of the way Christ wants us to lead our lives. The book revolves around eight thoughts.
- Gluttony, Lust, Greed …thoughts about the body.
- Anger, Sadness, Spiritual Carelessness…thoughts about the heart.
- Vanity, Pride…thoughts about the soul.
At the end of the book he deals with the “antidote”.
- For the body - Moderation, Chaste love, Generosity.
- For the heart and mind - Gentleness, Gladness, Spiritual Awareness.
- For the soul - Magnanimity, Humility.
It’s a great read; he manages to write with clarity, in words of everyday English, no religiosity, nor “religious clichés”. It is a book, which punches far beyond its size and worth every pound!